If you want to make your barbecue with convenience or, you love to cook the smoky meat and aroma of low-and-slow BBQ, then you need a versatile smoker. Then you should consider buying a pellet smoker or pellet grills though they are similar things. In this post, we have listed the best pellet smokers in the market.
You can add wood chips to make heat flow as you wish to make the food smooth. The quality pellet grill makes you more comfortable compared to charcoal or gas while cooking.
But, Choosing an electric smoker is a tedious job. So we made it a lot easier for you to choose a smoker. So we made a list of the best pellet smokers after reviewing a lot of products.
Quick Summary: Best 5 Pellet Smokers 2020
Best Pellet Smokers (Full Detailed Guide)
- Capacity: 646 sq. inches cooking capacity.Versatile barbecue cooking: hot and fast, or low and slow, the Traeger Texas Elite 34 pellet grill offers 6-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and BBQ food to juicy perfection.
- Precision temperature control: The Digital Elite Controller rocks Advanced Grilling Logic, which maintains a +/- 25 degree F temperature control to guarantee precision grilling.
- Sturdy and Durable: This grill is constructed with powerful steel and powder coat finishing makes it more durable.
- Sliding wheels with locking casters.
- When it comes to brand with several features, and you like to cook in a massive grill for camping or tailgate. Then Traeger Grills TFB65LZBC Texas Elite 34 is the best option for you. This pellet smoker comes from one of the best sellers brands. Traeger Grills Texas Elite 34 remains at the top among all the products from Traeger.
- This pellet smoker is built with the cooking space of 646 square inches with the ability to cook eight chickens, five racks of ribs, or 30 burgers at a time for a lot of people at up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit that gives the power of heating any food instantly.
- The speciality about this pellet smoker is you do not need to add gas or charcoal for cooking. Because Traeger created the original wood-pellet grill where you can cook with just wood just that makes to achieve better wood-fired taste.
- This smoker also comes with an automatic electric ignition that provides for quick, simple starting. It also has The Digital Elite thermostat controller that makes advanced grilling, and it controls the temperature within a +/- 25 degrees F for the quality grilling. There is also a ‘smoke’ setting that maintains the internal temperature for ideal smoking.
- Traeger Texas Elite 34 is designed with sturdy steel and durable powder coat finish, which makes this pellet smoker sturdy and durable. You can use this grill for 36 hours of smoking and 7 hours of grilling continuously.
- Capacity: Total Rack Surface Area: 570 sq. in. Large capacity pellet hopper with exclusive ash cleanout system.
- Grilling Area Dimensions: 19.5″ x 22″,Smoking/Warming Rack Dimensions: 6″ x 24″,
- Quick and Easy: Electronic auto-start ignition for a quick and easy start every time
- Dual LED Temperature: Dual LED temperature readout shows internal cooking temps and food temps
- Heat Maintain: Simple temperature selection system maintains heat
- Efficiency: Automatic auger dispenses pellets as needed for improved smoker efficiency
- Finding an excellent pellet smoker at a medium price is very difficult, especially when it comes to the best strikes and quality. So, the Camp Chef introduces an excellent mid-sized Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill that has all the qualities.
- Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill is a pellet smoker of 19.5″ x 22″ grilling area and 6″ x 24″ warming rack with 429 square inches of cooking area. You can easily fit several racks of ribs at once while cooking. You will be running 10 minutes fast compared to a charcoal smoker. This smoker helps prepare vast amounts of food, especially for parties & camping.
- There is also an Electronic ignition for quick and easy auto-starting. It is built with Dual LED temperature control that shows the internal temperature, also gives you different options for dialing in according to the food. You can set your temperature anywhere between 175 to 450. The thermostatic controller maintains the temperature while cooking in high smoke or low smoke. It makes an ideal temperature when you are preparing for a long time at the temperature between 200° to 250°.
- This pellet grill is constructed with heavy-gauge stainless steel and feels sturdy. This grill also features an exclusive ash cleanout system to clean up minimal ash. We recommend this pellet smoker because The SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill has all the qualities at this average price.
- Pro D2® Controller: As easy as using an oven. Just turn the dial to the desired temp, hit ignite, and you’re traegering.
- WiFIRE® Technology: Allows you to monitor and adjust your grill anywhere.
- Pro D2® Direct Drive: Improves searing and lets you cook low and slow or hot and fast.
- TurboTemp®: Lightning-fast start-up times and quicker recovery.
- GrillGuide®: Step-by-step cooking instructions and alerts for over 1,500 recipes in the Traeger app.
- Traeger is one of the best-selling companies around the world. They have introduced the all-new Traeger Pro pellet grill that comes with advanced WiFIRE® technology so that you can monitor the activities and control the temperature and adjust the rack anytime through the Traeger app on your smartphone.
- This pellet grill also comes with brand-new D2® drivetrain for quick starting, and for fast heating still, it gives quality wood-fired flavor food. It has a one temperature probe that controls your food temperature from the grill interface, or you can also control the internal temperature via the Traeger app on your smartphone. The D2 drivetrain utilizes to gain higher torque at lower RPM, so the engine turns the grilling faster to get more fuel into the firepot for fast cooking.
- There are two Pro series available in the market. One has a cooking capacity of 575 square inches, and another has the cooking of 780 square inches. You can purchase any of the Pro series. The 780 square inches costs you an additional $200.
- If you want to purchase pellet grills from the most popular brand with all the latest features, then this Traeger pro is the best choice for you. As this Traeger becomes so popular, its company also updating this version for better improvements.
- Versatile Barbecue Cooking: hot and fast, or low and slow, the Traeger Lil’ Tex Elite 22 pellet Grill offers 6-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and BBQ food to juicy perfection
- Cooking Space: 418 sq. In. Of grilling space that can accommodate up to 16 burgers, four whole chickens, or five racks of ribs; pellet Hopper capacity: 18 lbs
- Grilled to Perfection Every Time: integrated digital Elite controller keeps temps within +/- 20 degrees F and makes setting the Grill temperature As easy as turning a dial
- Smooth and Predictable: The Lil’ Tex Elite 22 offers consistency you can trust, allowing you to craft amazing wood-fired creations time and time again with the ease of set it and forget it
- The best wood pellet smoker that we found for small spaces is the Traeger TFB42LZBC Grills Lil Tex Elite 22. Also called the Lil Tex Elite, it comes in a bronze finish that adds a touch of elegance to your entertaining outdoor area. Never use gas or charcoal again: cooking with wood tastes better. Traeger created the original wood-pellet grill as the ultimate way to achieve wood-fired taste.
- This smoker is quite small in size still it comes with several facilities. It has a cooking space of 418 square inches where you can cook a lot of food. You can cook 5 chickens including four rib racks or, 16 burgers at once.
- The Lil’ Tex Elite 22 offers consistency and the porcelain grates are covered with a non-stick coating so that your food does not stick. If you want you can add extra oil on the grates while cooking or grilling any dry foods.
- It has a digital control system to monitor and control the internal temperature. You can check the readings on the digital screen. All you just to do is turn on the knob then it shows the readings and data on the screen. You can easily adjust or turn off the knob or set at your desired temperature.
- It features an attached hopper for carrying the wood pellets. This smoker produces natural smoke by moving the woods to the firefox by transforming those pellets into smoke at your set temperature. And, the flames move around your food to cook with precision.
- One of the best things about this smoker is it has a grease tray including an ash pail. You can use the ash pail to clean the ashes and the grease tray for collecting the liquids easily.
- Versatility: 8-IN-1–Barbecue wood fire pellet grill: grill, smoke, bake, roast, sear, braise, barbeque or char-grill
- Upgraded System: More Precise Temperature Control and Pellet Feed Control System. The new upgrade digital control board auto ignites the grill so that you can set the cooking temperature anywhere between 180°f to 450°f.
- Auto System: The automated electric feed system controls the temperature from 180ºf to 450ºf and produces the optimal amount of smoke.
- Grilling Area Dimensions: 19. 2 x 26 inches, Smoking/Warming Rack Dimensions: 6. 9 x 27. Five inches, total rack surface area 700 square inches.
- AUTO-Start Ignition: Accessible to use-electronic AUTO-Start Ignition, Digital auto temperature control, LED temperature readout. Super easy cooking even for beginners.
- Easy Cleanup: Available to clean-special designed Waste oil collector to assist you with the safe and secure cleanup.
- Durable: Stainless Steel built-high resistance to corrosion means a longer-lasting grill, with a sleek and polished finish.
- Best Contact & Customer Support: The customer care team is always ready to help. The customer support is there to provide the best solution for any queries.
- If you are looking for the best runner up versatilities pellet smoker within the best budget, then do not worry about at all because Z GRILLS have introduced ZPG-7002ENC Pellet Grill & Smoker that have all the qualities mentioned above.
- This is a pellet grill of 8 in 1 barbecue where you can roast, smoke, grill, barbecue, sear, char-grill, bake, and braises your foods. It has a cooking capacity of 700 square inches where you can cook anything from the eight recipes or also has 20 pounds of hopper capacity. It is specially designed in such a way that large racks of ribs can easily fit into the surface of this grill.
- This Z grill has all the qualities of a high-end smoker. It also features an automatic pellet feeding system for starting the cooking process and maintains the temperature regularly by shoving the new pellets. It has an automatic start ignition system and a digital temperature control facility.
- This grill is built with high resistance stainless steel to corrosion that makes this grill a longer-lasting, with a sleek and polished finish. This grill has Fan-forced Convection. With forced convection, you control the movement of the warm or cold fluid, and the convection cooking eliminates the need for a restaurant specializing in roasted or barbecued meat and makes a versatile environment for grilling, roasting, smoking, braising, and baking.
- The frame of this grill is solid. The wheels are right and roll well, which makes it very easy to move the upgraded cart with locking caster wheels. It is designed with a Waste oil collector for easy cleanup.
- The best part is that the Z Grills ZPG may be the only company that offers a 30-days refund or replacement policy, and a 3-year warranty finishes this smoker in style.
- Weight: 68 lbs. and folds to fits in nearly any trunk, making it the ultimate Tailgating Grill
- Power: 110V or 12V with adapters for three power options
- Temperature Sensor: Features Sense-Mate, a thermal sensor which continuously monitors the grill temperature
- System: Includes a meat probe, peaked lid for rib racks, convenience tray
- If you love camping and tailgating, then you must need a pellet smoker that can be taken with you anywhere you go. So the Green Mountain Grills company made it very more accessible for you by introducing the Davy Crockett Pellet Grill to the world. The Green Mountain Davy Crockett has been designed to take with you in such that it is a very portable grill with fold up legs, and overall, it weighs 57 pounds with fold-able legs.
- This pellet grill is not only highly portable but also comes with various features. This grill also has a digital WiFi controller that lets you control and monitor the temperature of the rack from outside by connecting the WiFi through the iOS or Android mobile application.
- It also has a convenience tray with utensil hooks along with a meat probe, a peaked lid for smoking foods. The Davy Crockett Pellet Grill features a thermal sensor that can monitor grill temperature at convenience.
- You need a source of electricity as this grill can run on 12V or 120AC. You can use power anywhere from your house, or you can also use a generator by using the adaptors, and this makes it perfect for camping, tailgating, hunting, house-boating, outside parties.
- The legs of this grill are built in a convenient way that you can easily move here and there with folding carry handles. The Davy Crockett Pellet Grill from Green Mountain Grills company is the best pellet grill when it comes to features and great portability at mid-price.
- Cooking Space: 1750 sq. in cooking capacity
- Dimension: 84 X 21.5 X 44 Inches
- Weight: 437 POUNDS
- Variable Temperature Range: 180° – 500+° Fahrenheit
- Auto Startups: Whole hog smoker with an auto-start electric igniter
- Additional Features: It includes two hoppers, essential for both separate grilling spaces. Split with a removable partition
- Some people love simple cooking and some want grills with more capacity. Bigger is better for those who love to share the foods with huge family gatherings or neighborhood events and picnics.
- Introducing you to the Louisiana Grills LG-001000-1750 Country Smoker which is a perfect model for the people who want big space. There are several smokers n the market, but the hog smoker is one of the most versatile barbecue smoker/grill.
- This whole hog smoker comes with a cooking capacity of 1750 square inches. You can cook an entire hog by removing the convenient partition of this smoker. Both sides include independent burners along with independent big size hoppers. You can control the cooking temperatures separately while cooking different foods.
- You can also maintain the temperature from 180° – 500+° Fahrenheit. And, this smoker features an electrical ignitor that burst into flame automatically. And, the grease catchers are beneath mounted and these do not collide with any materials of the smoker while you are cleaning the smoker.
Why should I buy a pellet smoker?
Everyone wants to grill their food. While cooking or grilling meat in the old ways are boring in today’s generation. But in today’s world, most people use pellet smoker.
Pellet grills are space-saving and come at affordable prices. These grills have advanced highly precisely in a temperature control system for slow cooking at different temperatures. You can cook backyard from slow to highs like searing a steak, cooking hamburgers, and different types of food.
Pellet smokers are the best for those who want a quick and slow with convenient cooking at an affordable cost. Pellet smokers are really helpful as they can save up to one to three hours of cooking time compared to a gas-fueled smoker.
There are several reasons that you should buy a pellet smoker. You can the Wikipedia page of the pellet smoker.
How to use pellet smokers?
Pellet smokers are constructed in such a way that makes it so easy to use. There are different types of pellet grills from different brands. You can read the startup manuals.
All you need to do is, first you need to connect with the fuel or plug your grill into electricity. After that fix the cooking grates, assemble the dampers, and ready your wood chips trays for smoking. And, you are done.
Then you have to open the door to fill racks with your food. Turn on the lighter and light the burner. Now you can start your grilling. You can also maintain the temperature by controlling the burner. Also, you can add wood chips when necessary.
What are the advantages of pellet smoker?
You can fire up quickly using a pellet smoker. The user does not require to spend much time on heating up compared to other traditional techniques of smoking. Enhance your cooking with different accessories for smoking and frying experience.
Pellet smokers give real wood smoke flavour without stick burners than electric smokers. You can easily cook your food thoroughly and evenly, you can keep it moist.
One of the best things about the pellet smoker is pellet smokers are cheaper compared to other electric smokers.