Hey! Are you seeking the best cold smoker for grilling? Consider grilling for a moment. If you are preparing a hot barbecue with gentle flames licking sizzling steaks and delicious burgers, then you might need a cold smoker.
Most people think of fire when they think of outdoor cooking. Isn’t there a reason the site is called FoodFireFriends?
Another fun way to prepare fantastic-tasting food is to cold-smoke it. If you’ve made the decision to give it a shot, this article is for you.
Top 3 Cold Smokers
All of these factors work together to create the best cold smoker, resulting in perfectly cooked fish with a delicious smokey flavor.
Continue reading to learn more about our top picks for the best cold smoker and what to look for when shopping for one of your own!
|Power Source: Ac_dc
|Check Latest Price|
| Masterbuilt MB20100112
|Power Source: Corded Electric
|Check Latest Price|
|Magnum P.I.G. Cold Smoke Generator
Brand: Smoke Daddy
|Check Latest Price|
What is a “cold smoker” exactly?
Cold smoking is a type of process by which flavoring or preserving food by exposing it to cool smoke is known as “cold smoking.” To decrease moisture levels and prevent bacteria growth, some foods, such as meat, must be cured before smoking.
Cold smoking is an ancient method of cooking in which food is dried out over time through a curing process.
This method is used at low temperatures. It does not cook food in the same way as grills or smokers do.
Type of smoker?
Cold smokers are classified into two groups. Here automated and manual systems is being available.
In general, electricity is the preferred alternative because it has greater functionality and is easier to maintain. You don’t need to get involved with your hand.
Manual smokers require far more effort overall, but they might still be viable solutions if that is your preference.
Guide To The Best Cold Smoker
1. Smoke Chief Cold Smoke
The Smoke Chief’s smoke generator is both efficient and adaptable. It uses one cup of wood pellets as its minimum fuel and produces cold smoke for up to three hours.
The fact is that this smoke generator works with wood pellets rather than wood chips and pieces are the most appealing feature. It is easy to find wood pellets and is a less expensive investment.
Item Dimensions: 9.5 x 4 x 12.13 inches
Brand Name: Smokehouse
Model Name: 9500-000-0000
Material: Stainless Steel
Size: One Size
This Smoke Chief cold Generator requires a 3/8-inch hole in the container or grill. The pipe of this smoke generator enters the grilling frame or box through this hole.
A narrower pipe requires a smaller opening for a tighter fitting. However, it will cause clogging and is more susceptible to blocking. As a result, you’ll have to be very selective when choosing wood pellets.
Another outstanding characteristic of this cold smoke generator is that it accepts both AC and DC power inputs. It can be plugged into regular household outlets or connected to a 12-volt DC power supply.
So you can take it camping or tailgating with you. This smoke generator can produce hot or cold smoking both.
The most interesting issue is that this cold smoker can also be used in your vehicle. Simply connect the cold smoke generators to your vehicle’s 12-volt DC battery and use it as a container. If you go camping frequently, this portable is a must-have.
- An electric smoker that is easy to use.
- It can last for 3+ hours, after a one-time filling
- There are no matches or lighters necessary
- All types of wood pellets are compatible
- It can make emit smoke quickly
- Produces a consistent and long-lasting supply of smoke
- It can run on either a 110-V AC or a 12-V DC power supplying
- It is essential to have an electrical outlet nearby
- Narrower pipes are more likely to clog.
2. MB20100112 Slow Masterbuilt Cold Smoker
When you want to cook meals over 200°F cold smoke, the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker is the best option for you. To pamper your tastes, you can use this smoke generator to provide a delicious aroma and subtle taste to your food.
- Product Dimensions: 4 x 10.4 x 18 inches
- Item Weight: 95 pounds
- Manufacturer: Masterbuilt
- Item model number: MB20100112
This chief cold Smoke generator is designed for folks who enjoy serving meals with a wonderful fragrant experience as well as some delectable texture for added appeal.
This Electric Smoker uses wood chips as a fuel source and can produce cold smoke for up to six hours. You can cook whatever you want while enjoying hours of uninterrupted cold smoke.
Mounting it with the pre-installed digital smoker is required for installation. Push the power button once the installation is finished.
The wood chips begin to burn once the machine reaches the desired temperature. The ashes are collected in a separate tray within the smoker, making cleanup a breeze. This smoker works with any type of wood chips, giving you the freedom to use whatever you want.
If the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker appeals to you, keep in mind that it will not cook your meal. So, before you cook meat on a cold smoker, make sure it’s been cured.
There is a distinction between cooking food with hot and cooking food with cold smoke. The chilly smoker does not need a suitable temperature for cooking. Hence, It can not cook by a cold flame, but you can mix it up after heating it over a cold smoke.
- For six hours, continuously produce cold smoking
- It works nicely including all types of wood chips
- Even after six hours of constant use, there was no power outage
- With the press of a button, wood chips are heated automatically
- Cleanup is a breeze with the removable ashtray
- Only digital smokers are compatible with this electric smoker
- Two plug-ins for BBQ, one for a digital smoker, and one for cold smoking are required
3. Magnum P.I.G. Smoke Daddy Cold Smoke Generator
A cold smoke generator that performs well in both cold and hot conditions, allowing you to smoke everything from cheese to brisket.
Attaches to just about anything, including barbecues and your current smoker, to produce high-quality smoke and add flavor.
- Brand Name: Smoke Daddy Inc.
- Power Source: Wood pellet
- Outer Material: Aluminum, Stainless Steel
- Fuel Type: Wood
For long life, it’s made of strong gauge SCH 40 6061 finely machined aluminum and comes with a stainless steel cleaning brush.
For large cookouts! Great for applications that are the size of a refrigerator or larger.
Smoke Daddy is a family-owned and operated business dedicated to creating close relationships with our clients Because we stand by the quality of our product and take pleasure in our grassroots approach.
Magnum P.I.G. Cold Smoke Generator is the finest choice! for serious meat smokers, vertical smokers, or larger barbecues, the Smoke Daddy
This chief cold smoke generator lets you make your own cold smoker and provides 3 to 4 hours of smoke duration on a single fill.
It comes with a high-output adjustable air pump to ensure that the larger wood chips/chunks get enough air.
This cold smoke generator is perfect for smoking at temperatures below 100 degrees, as well as heated smoking.
- It can be used in cold and hot temperatures for hot or cold smoking.
- It can work for 3-4 hours constantly
- Available high-output adjustable air pump
- The larger wood chips/chunks get enough air
- It can smoke vertically
- An existing unit is connected
- It is not perfect over 100-degree temperature
4. Premium Pellet Smoker
This cold smoker is designed for any smoker and grill(gas, electric, or charcoal). It adds great flavor to your meat or fish and exposes them to flavorful smoldering wood smoke.
It can smoke for 5 hours constantly making it perfect for hot or cold smoking pig, ribs, cured meat, hot dogs, sausages, chicken, cheese, fish, nuts, fruit, corn, bacon, and other foods.
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 2.16 x 2 inches
- Manufacturer: LIZZQ
- ASIN: B06ZZRR7XD
- Item Weight: 4 ounces
This cold smoke generator works with a wide range of wood pellets, including Cherry, Hickory, Mesquite, Apple, Pecan, and others.
Its new hexagon shape allows for effective smoke diffusion, resulting in the greatest smoking experience.
This smoking tube is made with 304 Stainless Steel which is safe and durable.
It is budget-friendly. As it is a smoker tube, it can be used for making a smoker or grill.
This allows you to use the tube with any cooking item or attach it to something you already have instead of purchasing a new smoker.
The closed cap on one end of this smoker’s tube is joined by an open cap on the other. This maintains the pellets in place while also providing a convenient location to light the pellets.
- Cold smoking with a simple pellet tube
- It can smoke for up to 5 hours at a time
- Made from high-quality, durable materials
- It can release quickly and continuously
- It is excellent for compatibility with any grill or smoker
- It is very much safe for anyone
- It will provide you with the best smoking results
- It works best for long cooking durations.
5. Bradley Smoker BTDS76P 4-Rack
If you’re seeking a premium alternative with all the bells and whistles, this could be the solution for you.
- Item Dimensions: 14 x 17 x 31 inches
- Manufacturer Name: Bradley Smoker
- Model Name: BTDS76P
- Material: Stainless Steel
This chief cold smoke generator can be used as a hot or cold smoker, and it can do it all.
It’s electric, and it’s got a lot of power. With a digital control piece, you can keep your temperature exactly where you want it.
This is a big smoker with four racks on the inside. It can contain a lot of food at once, and it can even hold two huge turkeys at once.
It comes with a drip pan that makes cleanup a breeze. All of the racks have small lips on them to keep your belongings contained.
This does use particular wood chips that you must purchase from the manufacturer, but they are placed from the outside of the smoker, so you can keep track of them and replace them as needed.
With a high-quality insulated double-wall carbon steel construction, a stainless steel interior, and a durable powder epoxy exterior, arm yourself with a Bradley and open new horizons for delicious food smoking.
Controllable up to 320 degrees F, it provides 8 hours of controlled cool smoke.
It is ideal for entertaining and preparing gourmet cuisine at home.
- Option for a fully loaded smoker with a lot of capability
- There are four racks included with plenty of storage space
- The wood chips are brought in from the outside
- Temperatures and times can be controlled completely digitally
- Cleaning up is a breeze with the drip tray
- To be compatible, the wood circles must be purchased from the manufacturer
- Because of its positioning, the LCD screen can be difficult to read
6. Kaduf Pellet Smoker Tray
There are no special tricks or tools required. Simply place the Kaduf’s pellet smoker tray on top of your home grill, and you’ve created a wonderful smoker! It’s a terrific technique to give any form of meat, fish, or cheese that delightful and savory smoked flavor. You’ll need a Kaduf pellet tray if you want the best smoking results
- Product Dimension: 12.7 x 20.32 x 3.81 cm;
- Manufacturer: Kaduf
- Item Weight: 357 g
This pellet smoker tray carries a lot of pellets, so you won’t have to replace it for up to 12 hours.
It’s a versatile solution because it can be used for both hot and cold smoking.
It’s quite simple to use and maintain. You’ll discover that you can do practically anything you want. It also works nicely in cold weather.
It’s a well-made device that should endure a long time thanks to the high-quality stainless steel.
The pellet smoker’s tiny size makes it easy to use in any grill or smoker (charcoal, gas, electric, portable, pellet).
In about 10 minutes, you’ll be able to start smoking your favorite dishes. It’s made entirely of high-quality stainless steel, and the Kaduf pellet smoker box is built to last and is extremely sturdy. It is not a low-cost, disposable item.
This pellet smoker can be used with any wood chips, including cherry, hickory, apple, mesquite, pecan, and others.
You may add extra smoke to your BBQ or smoker to make your next outdoor party the talk of the town.
- Clean and simple to use
- This pellet smoker suitable for both hot and cold smoking
- It may be used with any grill or pellets
- Pellet smoker has a large capacity for pellets and can smoke for up to 12 hours
- Standard wood chip loading system
- To keep the smoke from going out or the fire from starting, you’ll need to do some troubleshooting and become used to it.
7. Big Kahuna Cold Smoke Generator
Big Kahuna Cold Smoke Generator is perfect for large BBQs. It will provide you with a large amount of cold smoke, but it’s also suitable for hot smoking, which is a pleasant plus.
It generally takes 1-2 hours to smoke a single fill. To acquire the highest flavor quality, we recommend avoiding pellets.
- Package Dimensions: 29 x 8.5 x 4.88 inches
- Item Weight: 02 pounds
- Manufacturer: Smoke Daddy Inc.
- ASIN: B00WRJ1OQQ
The electric air pump is available for purchase separately. It proved to be really effective in terms of regulating the fire and generating smoke.
A big kahuna cold smoke generator can be perfect in cold and hot temperatures, allowing you to smoke everything from cheese to brisket.
It’s made of strong gauge SCH 40 6061 finely machined aluminum for a proper seal and longevity. It is possible to refill your smoker at any time without having to relight or open it.
Big Kahuna Cold Smoke Generator is also perfect for the Big Green Egg or ceramic grills. It is also suitable for overnight smoking or large barbecues and smokehouses.
With the valve attached, modify the smoke output on the smoker itself, or simply make lighting the smoker easier by starting with high airflow and adjusting it downwards later to the desired smoke output.
- A simple set-up system
- Smoking time: 1-2 hours
- All types of food are suitable for this cold smoke generator.
- The ability to smoke cold or hot
- High-air pump with adjustable output
- It is capable of hot and cold smoking
- Big Kahuna cold smoke needs to clean on a regular basis
What Foods Can You Smoke in the Cold?
It’s probably better if you ask what you can’t smoke!
Many foods you can smoke on cold smoke. If you are fond of smoky flavor, probably you want to smoke everything
But here is giving a list of some food that you can commonly smoke:
- Bacon butter beef lemons and limes
- chicken cheese chili peppers mustard
- fish garlic ham nuts
- honey lamb ketchup olive oil
- olives peaches salt sausages
- scallops seeds turkey vegetables
Best Cold Smoking Wood
All types of wood can form smoke but all are not suitable for smoking. Such as, evergreen wood smokes a lot, but when it burns, it releases resins, which have an unpleasant flavor.
The following are some of the greatest woods we’ve worked with throughout testing:
- Hickory Alder Mesquite
- Oak Applewood Cherry
- Maple Walnut Pecan
- Peach Beech Lemon
Is the cold smoking frightening?
It is very much necessary to know the potential danger of cold smoking. As it is not the same as cooking, and that’s the key to knowing what can go wrong when you try to smoke and eat particular meals at the same time.
- The food is uncooked and maintained at temperatures that are considered dangerous for meat, allowing bacteria a chance to develop.
- Cooking at high temperatures kills bacteria, but there are no high temperatures here unless you boil the products after they’ve been cold-smoked.
- You can get botulism or listeria if you don’t do things properly, especially with things like fish.
- These items should be avoided by pregnant women, those who are unwell, and those who are impaired.
Safety Tips For Cold Smoking
There’s no reason why you can’t enjoy great cold-smoked food at home if you take all of the essential measures. Here are some guidelines regarding cold smoking safety:
- Handle raw meat with the utmost caution
- To get your meat, look for a trustworthy butcher or farm
- Don’t use any old wood you come across, including wood from your own yard, because it could have been sprayed with pesticides or the wood itself could be dangerous
- Have to keep your cured meat refrigerated and in a tightly sealed container
- Cure the meat as soon as possible after obtaining it
Why Should You Have Faith in Me?
I have been blogging for many years about BBQ and grilling. I’ve cooked on nearly every grill and smoker ever made. During that time, I’ve worked hard to pair individuals with the perfect grill or smoker. The appropriate product, in my opinion, is one that you find simple to use, capable of performing all you desire, and long-lasting. If you have a positive first impression, you will return for more. In this sense, we are breeding BBQs for future generations. I want you to create memories that will last a lifetime for your children.
Have we piqued your interest in cold-smoked delicacies? It’s just another tip to add to your grilling arsenal, as well as a fun way to season meals.
If you can’t get enough of that delightful smoky flavor, treat yourself to one of the seven best cold smoke generators we’ve discussed in this guide.
Send this article to a friend and see if you can get him or her hooked on cold smoked goodies as well.
To avoid having to eat terrible BBQ and pretend to love it, we encourage sharing our articles as much as possible.
All of these chilly smoke generators are capable of completing the task. You may choose the best cold smokers from our list that is being given above.
We’re delighted to assist you; thank you for taking the time to read this! Warm wishes for cold smoking!
Mary – is a passionate Food Blogger, currently writing at Best Smoker Guide. Having years of work experience on food blogging field and have a good sense of humor. She enjoys eating new foods and finding ways to cook them out.
Leave a Reply