If you love outdoor cooking, then charcoal smokers will be the best choice for you to be more creative at those moments. The charcoal smokers give you amazing taste that spells any weather compared to cooking with woods. You will get an authentic smoke taste when you have cooked with a charcoal smoker.
The flavor from charcoal and pellets is the same as the wood-fired smoked flavor. Cooking food by a charcoal smoker is not all about hot dogs, beer, and cooking; it is much more than these. Or, you can say its a tradition.
But choosing a charcoal smoker is quite a tedious job, so we have selected the top 7 best charcoal smokers after reviewing and well researching various charcoal smokers in this current market. We have also given the pros and cons of the listed charcoal smokers after verifying.
Quick Summary: Best 5 Charcoal Smokers 2020
Best Charcoal Smokers (Full Detailed Guide)
- Cooking Space: Primary cooking area (726 square inches) with two cooking grates that provide an ample room for cooking two large items at once
- Item overall dimensions: 23″ W x 24″ D x 48.5″ H.
- Cooking Grid Dimensions: 21 1/2 X 21 1/2″.
- Item Weight: 68 lbs
- Heat Retain: Porcelain-enameled cover, bowl, and center section retain heat and can resist rust or peel
- Temperature Grommet: Silicone temperature grommet monitors the internal temperature of your smoker
- Adjustable Dampers: Control the temperature of your smoker by quickly adjusting the dampers; Built-in lid thermometer
- Extra Door: Fuel door pans out for adding charcoal or wood quickly while smoking.
- The Smokey Mountain Cooker smoker comes with two cooking grates to smoke large things at once or a good deal of ribs. This smoker has a cooking area of 726 square inches where you can cook large amounts of food at once.
- The porcelain-enameled charcoal chamber is constructed in such a way that it holds briquettes stacked tightly so it retains heat and prevents rusting. It also has a silicone temperature grommet that maintains internal heat for maintenance-free cooking.
- The gas door is removable so adding charcoal and timber is simple, and that the dampers enable you to be in charge of the warmth for tender, fall-off-the-bone meat. All you need to do is slow down the rate and let your barbecue fill the air and enjoy your cooking.
- Cooking Space: 784 square Inch of the total cooking capacity allows you to smoke up to 100 lbs of food at once.
- Dimensions : 20.2 × 34.52 × 47.03 inches.
- Weight: 57 lbs
- Wood Chip Box: Heavy gauge porcelain-enameled steel wood chip box
- Power: Features 15,000 BTU Heavy Duty Cast Iron Burner; Electronic pulse ignition system secures quick and reliable ignition
- Heat: Dual door design reduces heat loss while adding wood chips throughout the whole smoking process
- Durable: Heavy-duty steel body construction with High Temp powder coat finish for durability and long life
- Cover: A custom-fit Dyna-Glo premium cover – DG1176CSC protects the smoker that is sold separately
- The Dyna-Glo has presented the Vertical Charcoal Offset Smoker for the Charcoal enthusiasts. You can easily cook your favorite recipes and foods with this charcoal smoker. You can also smoke your food according to your needs using the wood chips while smoking.
- It is offset vertical charcoal smoker with the cooking space of 1, 176 square inches including six height-adjustable cooking grates where you can cook, smoke several types of foods.
- This smoker is specially designed in such a way that it has the ability to store the internal temperature and the heat does not affect the food directly. So, it supports to prevent food on the bottom racks that make the cooking more favorable & gives you taste like infusing smoke flavor like indirect slow cooking method.
- The porcelain-enameled charcoal chamber is constructed in such a way that it holds briquettes stacked tightly so it prevents from burning. It also has an ash removal pan made with steel to clean the ashes inside it for maintenance-free cooking.
- Cooking Space: 327 Square inches primary cooking area with 142 Square inches secondary cooking area
- Product Dimensions: 27.1 x 43.8 x 45.8 inches
- Item Weight: 117.5 pounds
- Features Ashpan: Ability to remove ashes from the top- no bottom requires to open to preventing potential air leaks
- Design: Presents double-walled Steel construction and large Folding side shelf
- Supreme Versatility: smoking, roaster or grilling all on one unit
- Comfortable Heat: Unique intake channel and top damper provide more comfortable heat and cooking control
- Kamado-style cookers date back to ancient cooking techniques where charcoal, twigs or wood were used in clay stoves to grill or smoke foods, & outstanding insulation allowed the user to achieve high temperatures with excellent heat & airflow control.
- The Char-Broil Kamado is built with double-walled steel insulation construction with a closed bottom. The double-wall construction resists the potential air leaks and helps you to cook your food in many different functions. Even you can use it for smoking, grilling your foods.
- With a damper mounted on top of the large folding side shelf, the air is drawn in & channeled down to the bottom of the cooker, where it enters the unit & flows upwards through the cooking chamber heating the food & then out the top damper, making it easy for the griller to control the amount of air intake & internal temperature. Built-in, top-mounted temperature Gauge allows the user to closely monitor temperature & wheels make the unit easy to move around.
- The removable ash pan is accessed through the top of the grill, making cleanup quick & easy, without compromising the no-openings bottom—327 square” cooking area over porcelain-enameled cooking grates which are easy to clean.
- Cooking Space: 363 square inches
- Product Dimensions: 39.5 x 22.5 x 27 inches
- Item Weight: 32.3 pounds
- Built-in lid thermometer: Made with a Weber burger press can hold up to 13 burgers
- One-Touch cleaning system: Features One-Touch cleaning system with high-capacity ash catcher for hassle-free ash cleanup
- Heat Retainer: Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, resists from rusting or peeling
- Hinged Grates: The cooking grate is hinged for quickly adding charcoal while grilling
- Spark your passion for charcoal grilling with the Kettle that started it all. The Original Kettle Premium charcoal grill has updated and increased its features like hinged cooking grate so that you can add extra charcoal at the time of cooking, and the One-Touch cleaning system with high-capacity ash catcher for the easy cleanup process, convenient cooking from starting to end.
- This grill comes with Precision Heat Control technology that controls the internal temperature of this grill by easily adjusting the dampers. Even, you do not have to lift the lid. When you close the dampers it completely prevents the oxygen flow and helps to extinguish coals inside it. To avoid placing the cap by using the cover on the ground while grilling
- It also features durable wheels so that you can move it anywhere easily along with Shields Handle. The heat shield handle helps you to prevent your lid handle from the heat. This smoker produces good cook and flavorful food.
- Cooking Space: 512 square inches of cooking space, this smoker has enough space for grilling your favorite meat or using it when camping
- Bundle Package Includes: Cuisinart Vertical Charcoal Smoker, 18-Inch bundle with Universal Kettle Cover
- Racks: This durable Charcoal Smoker features two 18 inches solid stainless steel cooking grates or racks
- Protection: This waterproof kettle cover fits all 18 inches of kettle grills and smokers, including model nos. COS-118 and CCG-290. This cover is made from durable Nylon and built with accessories, such as Velcro straps for a secure fit
- Bundle Package Includes Cuisinart Vertical Charcoal Smoker, 18-Inch bundle with Universal Kettle Cover. This Vertical Charcoal Smoker is built in a special way for long durability. It features a durable framework and a porcelain-enameled water bowl.
- This smoker has a cooking area of 512 inches, where you can smoke any type of food you want to smoke with two 18 inches solid steel cooking grates.
- The operation is as simple as lighting the charcoal, filling up the water bowl, then casually adjusting the air vents to control the temperature. It has a vertical barrel design that keeps the temperature in a consistent flow along with minimal adjustments, and the vertically-hinged door makes it easier to access the water bowl and charcoal grate.
- You can use this smoker for outdoor cooking, at the comfort of your patio, or when camping. When all you need for setup is 15 minutes and a screwdriver, you’ll be smoking your favorite foods in no time. It comes with a heavy-duty Universal Kettle Cover that protects any 18 inches kettle grill from the water and also from the other elements.
- This cover also works perfectly with model nos. COS-118 and CCG-290 Charcoal Smoker. It also features a water-resistant Nylon fabric that resists water from damaging to your cooker. It has Velcro straps that make a secure fit by strapping to the legs of your grill or smoker.
- Cooking Space: 670 square inches in the main chamber and also features 355 square inches in firebox chamber
- Product Dimensions: 28.25 x 60.25 x 51 inches
- Item Weight: 102.1 pounds
- 3-in-1 smoker: barbecue and grill
- Handles: Features Chrome-plated cool-touch handles for protecting your hands from the heat while cooking
- Multiple adjustable dampers: These allow maintaining the heat and smoke in your cooker easily.
- Storage rack: It allows user to keep cooking on the vessels and also helps to retain extra charcoal close-at-hand
- American Gourmet Deluxe Offset Smoker, 670 SQIN Porcelain Wire Cooking Grate, 355 SQIN Chrome Wire Swing away, 255 SQIN Firebox Chamber Grate, 110 SQIN Firebox Secondary 1390 square inches Cooking Area.
- Porcelain Coated Cooking Grates & Chrome Plated Secondary Cooking Off Grates, Clean Out Door For Easy Ash Removal, Convenient Front Shelf, Adjustable Height Steel Fire Grate, Clean Out Door With Built In Damper, Smoke Stack, Temperature Gauge. This product can be used easily. This product is manufactured in China.
- Product Dimensions: 15.4 x 15.6 x 9.2 inches
- Item Weight: 9.8 pounds
- Food Capacity: It holds up to five burgers made with a Weber burger press
- Compact and lightweight
- Lid: Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- The Tuck-N-Carry lid lock: It doubles as a lid holder to avoid placing the lid on the ground
- East Controls: Dampers allow you to control the temperature inside your grill easily
- Weber has launched the 40020 Smokey Joe Premium. Grab the flexible handle of Smokey Joe Premium portable charcoal grill and start smoking your food or grilling meat whenever you want.
- This Weber 40020 Smokey Joe Premium is designed in such a way that it is compact & lightweight. This smoker has enough cooking space where you can easily cook up to five burgers made with a Weber burger press. Precision Dampers allows you to maintain the internal temperature of the smoker. It is a portable cooker, the carry handles are attached in such a way that you can easily pack up your charcoal and grill wherever you want.
Why should I buy a charcoal smoker?
Everyone wants to grill their food. Cooking or grilling meat using charcoal makes feels amazing.
Charcoal grills are having limited space and come at affordable prices. These grills have advanced highly precise in a temperature control system for slow cooking at different temperatures and perfect for those who want a quick and slow with convenient cooking at an affordable cost.
You can make outstanding cooking with your charcoal grill by using a low temperature for amazing smoky flavor through the combustion of wood.
How to use charcoal smokers?
Charcoal smokers work on some principles. It is very easy to set a charcoal smoker. You can read the startup manuals.
To use a charcoal smoker, you need to start by heating charcoal for 10 minutes. When the charcoal is hot and ready, add it to a pile of unheated coals of the grill. Keep the coals contained. Then ready your wood chips for smoking. And, you are done. Now you can start your grilling. You can also maintain the temperature. Also, you can add wood chips when necessary.
What are the advantages of charcoal smokers?
You can fire up quickly using a Charcoal grill. The user can enjoy the taste of real smoky flavor by slow heating up of woods compared to other traditional techniques of smoking.
One of the best things about charcoal smoker is charcoal smokers maintain a steady temperature which is perfect for slow cooking.